Reporting to General Management and Process Engineering Management, the candidate is expected to:
1. Develop and coordinate product's usings, modifications and improvings, reported by customers or by Celsa Group.
- Know all customers needs related to technical features and product quality.
- Define the product characteristics according to customers specifications.
- Ensure product control plan updatings and adaptations. Suggest corrective actions.
- Provide necessary controls to ensure product quality.
- Responsible for FMEAs implementation.
- Assist Engineering Process to merge product characteristics with process parameters.
- Promote joint projects with customers and manage correct performance tests for improving products.
- Participate in the Quality Committee.
2. Coordinating and solving customers' problems related to Celsa's products.
- Assist Quality, Engineering Process and Production Departments in managing complaints.
- Responsible for problem-solving teams related to product quality objections.
- Provide technical assistance required by customers.
- Manage statistical monitoring for customers' satisfaction.
3. Assist Commercial, Quality, Engineering Process and Production Departments in order to develop new products.
- Design and maintain product's specifications.
- Responsible for new product's budget, working hand in hand with Purchasing, Production and Engineering Process Departments.
- Maintain activities log for new products releases (QFD, FMEAs, testings, etc.).
- Participate in R&D for raw materials suppliers of new products.
- Responsible for improving control plans.
- Follow-up competitors products.
- Manage benchmarking activities and set up required actions resulting from them.
- Knowledge in Product Design tools (QFD, FMEA, Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools (SCRA's, Sr. Quality, Six Sigma).
- Knowledge in tools Value Analysis and Engineering (VA / VE).
- Good knowledge of all business functions is needed with experience in managing product development and steel industry.
- Superior communications skills, presentation ability, fluent in English.
- Budget control and planning ability is preferred.